Proper sales training is needed because it will make your sales person knowledgeable about the persuading your customers into buying your products thus generating revenue for the company. Beneficial sales coaching is advantageous for the success of the organization. But still many face challenges in the process. Some of the common challenges are:
Usually there are two categories of challenges faced:
- Structure: It signifies that you often face problem with the company’s structure.
– Less attention: In many organization the sales person to manager ratio is 16 to 1 i.e. under one manager there would be 16 sales person or sometimes more than that. It means manager has to spend half of his time giving trainings like negotiation training. If you feel you are not able to get the exposure that is required you can raise your concern to your organization.
– What to coach on: Most of the times manager get confused what else to coach you on and doesn’t have much of sales training. They often forget to set target metrics to be achieved or what should they expect from the results. If such is the case, then manager should individually emphasize on each individual listing out what is their strength and weakness, and the planning on daily activities what his sales team has to achieve by end of target date.
– Experience: If you feel you are not getting enough exposure, then plan your all week activity, make notes after every meeting and clarify about every detail and make your move accordingly.
- Human: You often face challenges due to your own nature.
– De-motivation: You often lose your confidence and motivation if you are pressurized all the time. It’s the duty of the managers to give you motivation from time to time. No one is born perfect. Train yourself everyday and learn something new.